stack fit to keyframe

Ric Brekne ricbrek at broadpark.no
Tue Sep 12 11:03:04 MDT 2006

To tell you the truth Cy, I've almost never picked friction apart into
components. I usually just take up and down weight measurements and
figure total friction.

Outside of regulation issues... I've found that the most effect on
jack/knuckle friction comes from;
-- the tightness of the knuckle leather,
-- the Strike Weight
-- the condition of the jack top and rep arm surface.

I wouldnt think the magic line between the whip center and balance pin
really affects friction at the knuckle/jack top. But perhaps the second
magic line.. the one Ron Overs has gone out of his way to deal with,
between the whip center and hammer center significantly affects friction
there.  I'll defer to Ron if he's listening on that one.

Cheers
RicB

Ric, Bob,

Do those constant friction results apply just to the capstan/heel contact,
or to the jack/knuckle contact as well?

--Cy--