Gulbransen Grand

Blaine Hebert brhebert at verizon.net
Wed Sep 13 12:46:13 MDT 2006

List,

I have pulled up many thousands of flat grands, this 4' 6" six leg 1928
Gulbransen shouldn't be any different, even though it is 1/2 step flat.

But...

This instrument has only one tenor/treble strut and two long capo bars
across the tenor and treble (no agraffes).  Has anyone else seen
problems with older grands with these very long capo bars?  I have seen
these long capo bars bend and even crack at the C88 end myself.  It
would be embarrasing after a cleaning, regulation and key recovering to
have a capo bar crack.

B. Hebert  RPT