Alcohol and hard hammers

Leslie Bartlett l-bartlett at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 14 21:31:24 MDT 2006

Wally Brooks and daughter had some pictures of slides of some of these cheap
hammers formed under very high heat where the fibres had actually fused
together.   I've used a Dremmel sparingly, resorting later to "hand
needling".  I am really cautious in using alcohol/water, though have used it
with good success in limited places.   I carry a Vodka bottle. Actually
first time I used the mixture, I used 100 proof Vodka.  Clean, and I have
had fun telling people I use the stuff, and if it doesn't work, I just drink
it till the piano sounds good............  A few laughs occasionally....
les bartlett

   _____