Hybrid Honda Accords

Jonathan Finger pianotech at tollidee.com
Fri Sep 15 19:01:50 MDT 2006

Well that's just it!  There's no need to retrofit anything - any diesel
engine can run it - especially older ones.
Heck, you can dump canola oil in an old Merc. diesel and it'll run.  :)

Some of the brand new "common-rail" diesel engines though will be really
finnicky about some of the bio fuels, and probably shouldn't run them
(at least not the backyard bio fuels).

Now an old Merc diesel, I'd probably retrofit to be a grease-car -
meaning it runs on recycled cooking oil.  That can be had for free, and
the filtering equipment can be had for not that much.  Meaning you can
have very cheap, clean burning, renewable fuel.  Unfortunately such
fuels don't do too well in direct inject (the DI in TDI) diesel with
30,000 psi at the injector nozzle.  You'd hate to have a little chunk of
onion ring wind up in there and blow the whole thing up! :)

Jonathan Finger