Temperaments

KeyKat88 at aol.com KeyKat88 at aol.com
Sun Sep 17 16:24:00 MDT 2006

Greetings,

          Looking at the temperaments in the PTG archives, I am overwhelmed;
and absolutely fascinated!!!
           Surely, when the master of the firey, L.V Beethoven wrote his
Moonlight Sonata or the Pathatique or any of his genius works, he was writing on a
piano with the temperament of his day.

          Now, If I tune my piano, as a passionate fan of Beethoven to the
temperament of that time, would I hear when I play his works, what he truly
intended? Or would the difference be negligable / inconsequential between that
temperament and our latest truly equal temperament?    Me thinks I would hear the
nuances of going from the key of c#minor to the key of Emajor within a
mouvement.   Seeking opinions and /or personal experience with this sort of thing.

         Also. business is finally, after 39 months, getting to be NOT hand
to mouth anymore!  It's getting pretty good,  and (YippEEEE!!!) me thinks I am
going to be able to afford to go to the Eastern Regional PTG Conference in
2007. I am looking so forward to meeting my senors / mentors on this list, who
have graciously advised and encouraged me with my piano questions!

Thank You!
Julia Gottshall
Reading, PA