Bridge Seating (another footnote)

Ric Brekne ricbrek at broadpark.no
Mon Sep 18 13:19:27 MDT 2006

Hi Jonathan, David A.

Yes, the increased mass does create more impedance and at some point it
will begin to drain from volume no doubt... sustain in each of the cases
I've had this past week noticeably increased.  However... the motivation
for the checking all this out was to see the affect on false beats.  The
changes in sustain and volume are expected as per the many discussions
about mass tuning the treble bridge.

I found it significant that attachment of the vice grips affected false
beats when the vice grips were attached to places other then the front
bridge pin of the offending string.

Cheers
RicB