pricing

pianolady50 at peoplepc.com pianolady50 at peoplepc.com
Tue Sep 19 11:33:37 MDT 2006

Hi Richard,

Yes, a thought.  What happens to your new referral customer.  A friend who loves your work has told him you charge $XX.  Then you tell him sorry, for his piano, for whatever reason, it will be $XXXXX.  Doesn't have good flavor to me!  Why not just average out the price.  Consider some "easy money" and others "hard work for the money".  Also, consider referring new calls w/spinets or whatever to a new tech in your area.  They would welcome "any" business.  When I first started and then later when I moved to a different area, I made it well known to the other techs that I would gladly take any job that they didn't want.

Debbie

  I'm thinking about pricing tunings based not only by pitch adjustment,but also by piano type and age.
  Spinets and pianos older than 20yrs, highest fee, nicer pianos less etc.
  With more pianos and limited time, I would rather tune pianos that I could get better results with and less headaches.
  Any thoughts?
  RU/UP