hammer travel

Marcel Carey mcpiano at videotron.ca
Tue Sep 19 20:10:11 MDT 2006

In the Rappaport's hammer hanging class that I took quite a few years
ago, I clearly remember that when gluing the hammers, we were NOT
looking for them to be straight (perpendicular to the hammer line). Pris
was telling us to hang them so they would travel straight. So, at rest,
they would look funny, but, the traveling part was real easy. We just
had to look at the crooked ones and then shim the flange to put them
straight and VOILA. She said this is the way it was done in Europe in
different shops.

Marcel Carey, RPT
Sherbrooke, QC