hammer travel

Ric Brekne ricbrek at broadpark.no
Wed Sep 20 01:51:34 MDT 2006

A good point Marcel.

At the Masters course in Hamamatsu we did a complete hammer change
including gluing hammers on the shanks.  Their method was pretty
classic,  remove all hammers but two end hammers for each section then
travel these with a square. Then install new shanks,  space them
perfectly...then travel them perfectly.  After that the hammers were
glued on.  Traveling hammers as part of gluing was then just a check to
insure the hammers were glued on with correct angles.

Cheers
RicB

--------
Just to correct you David, it's not the hammer that we are traveling,
it's the shank and flange. This is easy to understand if you just
imagine the center pin to be a hinge. When the hinges are not all
aligned, the shanks are going to come up all over the place.

Marcel