softening crusty dampers

Mike McCoy mjmccoy at usa.com
Wed Sep 20 07:58:30 MDT 2006

Hi Dave,

 As taught to me by Ken Jankura... a strip of sandpaper about an inch or
2 wide laid against the strings between damper and string, press damper
head lightly against the paper and pull the strip up, only takes one or
two swipes to remove the zing. No need to remove the action, takes 10
minutes. Assuming this piano is not worth a real damper job.

Mike