softening crusty dampers

piannaman at aol.com piannaman at aol.com
Wed Sep 20 20:27:58 MDT 2006

Thanks for all the great responses.  The main problem is with the bicord and monocord dampers.  They should be replaced, I agree, but the piano is not the greatest insturument ever built.  If I can't get a satisfactory result early on in my attempts to soften the felt, I'll suggest it to the owner.

Dave Stahl

Dave Stahl Piano Service
650-224-3560
dstahlpiano at sbcglobal.net