zing went the strings woops

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Sep 24 06:05:34 MDT 2006

Measure all the speaking lengths and the bass string diameters (core &
windings) and have a qualified string scale designer make you a new scale.
The designer may also have some comments on the existing bass dimensions.

Years ago, with the first piano I restrung, it was delivered to me with no
strings at all and no string data. David Sanderson developed a nice scale
for me and made my bass strings. The piano sounded better than it had any
right to (1920s Estey micro-grand).

Terry Farrell