zing went the strings woops

Ric Brekne ricbrek at broadpark.no
Mon Sep 25 00:51:29 MDT 2006

Hey there Joe...

You know I just had a thought.  What we (the list) could do is to put together an excell spreadsheet that does all the needed calculations and graphs for rescaling.  Anyone interested could have a copy and we could use it to discuss and learn more about rescaling  pianos.  Shouldnt be that much work and I dont think we'd need anything all that complicated to start off with.

Thoughts ?

RicB

I copied this to Caut in case there are interested parties there.

----------------------------

Hi Richard and John,
Thanks, the SN is 12000 + or year 1921 or so. Your scale numbers are 1927.
Might be a better scale.
Different knuckles than I have ever seen.
My plan so far is to refinish the inside of the piano, reguild the plate, so
that we can string a few notes to see if there is any life left in the
board. The bass bridge looks questionable.
Joe Goss RPT
Mother Goose Tools
imatunr at srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com