Ernst Irmier grand

Overs Pianos sec at overspianos.com.au
Mon Sep 25 03:17:24 MDT 2006

Lane,

>I happened upon a 7' 10" grand; ornate cabinet & name
>on the fallboard:  ERNST IRMIER  -  LEIPZIG.

It probably is an Irmler. He gets a favourable mention in Dolge's
book. These were very well made pianos. I don't know how they stack
up when their design is considered from a contemporary standpoint.
But the Irmler pianos I experienced some years ago were fine sounding
pianos, regardless of any design flaws from a 'modern' standpoint.

>     Haven't had opportunity to remove keys to see if
>there is a date, but am thinking it may be of late
>19th century.  Any comments?
>                              Lane Daniels

They are probably listed in the Pierce Atlas.

Best regards,
Ron O.
--
OVERS PIANOS - SYDNEY