Lost motion: (was puzzler on M & H BB

David Ilvedson ilvey at sbcglobal.net
Mon Sep 25 15:39:38 MDT 2006

That's the way I was taught but Yamaha teaches another way which I'm using.   Lay a piece of paper on a table and run you finger against the edge.    That is the feel you are looking for between the jack and the rep window.    In other words a hair below level.   I have no problem with hammer lever with that method.   Obviously you have to have adequate rep tension.    When using the "scrapping" method the jack does need to be able to get back to rest....imho

David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA  94044