Lost motion: (was puzzler on M & H BB

Porritt, David dporritt at mail.smu.edu
Mon Sep 25 17:06:04 MDT 2006

I've done it the Steinway/N. Bennett Street way too and prefer it.  For one thing, I have a hard time determining a "hair's thickness" when there is a gap (hopefully) between the jack and the rep window.  The Yamaha way also assumes pristine knuckles.  Sometimes with worn knuckles the jack has to be higher than the repetition lever to compensate for the dent in the knuckle.

dave

David M. Porritt, RPT
Meadows School of the Arts
Southern Methodist University