Bolstering Knuckles

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 26 09:03:47 MDT 2006

John said: "Joe, for loose leather, have you tried the weaving in, of wool, to fill up the space?"
John,
In the beginining, I tried the "Wool" or Yarn thingee. IMO, that is NOT the proper material to use. I use synthetic, heavy-duty upholstery thread. I've found that the Yarn will collapse after a short period of playing, while the upholstery thread does not. Also, the Thread, is more controllable in it's placement under the leather. I use a ball tip needle with a large eye. Hence, my action reconditioning/regulation stays a whole lot better!<G> Try it, you'll like it.

Joseph Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I