Steinway Sostenuto

Gene Nelson nelsong at pbic.net
Wed Sep 27 16:30:32 MDT 2006

My problem with the sostenuto was that dampers would skip past the blade
when pedal is fully depressed with fff blow.
I had to adjust the blade to a bit more than 45 deg to make it ok in this
respect.
What did I miss?
I made my own version of the Steinway tool and it works ok for getting the
blade the same height as the tabs.
Did not have a problem with anything else.
Any advice would be apperciated.
Gene Nelson