Homer the singing dog

Mike Kurta mkurta at adelphia.net
Wed Sep 27 17:51:58 MDT 2006

    Every few years I run across a dog that likes to sing while I tune.  I'm not sure if they are in pain or they really enjoy it.  Today was unique.  Homer, a black lab would howl a note at the pitch I was tuning.  He would usually start out on a different note and slide up or down until he hit it.  It wasn't dead on, but close enough.  He would even adjust an octave up or down to stay in his vocal range. Homer's owner wasn't aware of her pet's talent, but  it became distracting so we put him outside where he continued to accompany.
    Any other singalong stories ??
    Mike Kurta