hello and ? re weird bright yellow fuzz on pressure bar

Cy Shuster cy at shusterpiano.com
Wed Sep 27 23:19:53 MDT 2006

Hi, Holly,

Yes, I saw a similar thing on an old upright recently.  I thought it might have been lubricant applied by a tech, but it was only on the pressure bar, and not on the top of its screws.  It was on all (visible) sides of it, too.

In my case, it was a milky-white coating.

Seems to be a chemical reaction of some kind (or someone was shaving tennis balls inside your piano? ;-).

--Cy--
www.shusterpiano.com