Steinway Sostenuto

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Thu Sep 28 11:19:10 MDT 2006

At 09:15 AM 9/28/2006 -0700, you wrote:

>Come on Joe...what is the proper tool?   And how do you use
>it?   Picture?   I don't remember any specific tool when I took a sost
>class from Fred Drasche, except for a long piece of brass rod he used to
>tap in the sost brackets from the keyboard side...
>

>David Ilvedson, RPT
>Pacifica, CA 94044

Iffn I'm thinkin of the same thing...  it looks kinda like a miniature
springboard with a threaded rod/nut to adjust the height of the end of
something like soundboard steel, which has a specific height block attached
a specific distance from the tip.

block at tip adds the proper height to the tip which has been set at the
tab height so's you can set the underside of the knife. (approximately)

camera's at home  - will get a picture online after work, if nobody else has.

Conrad Hoffsommer

Ignorance won't kill you,
but it will make you sweat a lot.
- Haitian proverb.