Caster repair

Terence Miller innuuuu at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 28 15:52:43 MDT 2006

Michelle:

  you can almost expect that an institutional piano will have one of its casters broken, stuck, or missing.

  If you plan on being in this business for more than a year, a piano  tilter is one of the best tools to own. There may be plans for making  one in the archives somewhere; more likely you can buy a used one from  an older technician (or their estate) in your area.

  Most of the time my tilter is a movable horizontal work space......and as such, an important part of my shop.

  Rolled outside and draped according to the festivity, the tilter is a useful buffet or serving station for parties.

  be safe

  Terry Miller