No subject

Leslie Bartlett l-bartlett at sbcglobal.net
Sat Sep 30 10:30:25 MDT 2006

A lady called today saying she has an 1860's Broadwood which she wants
tuned. Says the last guy who tuned it did so to "military pitch".....
What's that pray, tell?    If I do this thing, would tuning it at A=430 be a
safe thing to do?  I don't know enough about these old things to even
venture a safe guess. She said it was rebuilt twice, as the first "local
piano company" screwed it up and she had to get a "Broadwood expert" to redo
the whole thing. About $20K with no casework.  It is kept presently in a
house which is only sporadically air conditioned.  It isn't her "regular
home" of course.  They can't afford to keep it cooled since it is a "second
home" long time in the family............  13,000 square feet.    So, I
dread to think what I might run into.

Info would be appreciated, and info on tuning a harmonium as well.
Thanks
les bartlett
--
Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.