Call for scaling spreadsheets

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Sat Sep 30 13:26:03 MDT 2006

I think Jason was asking about tensions as the scale progresses from plain
wire tricords to wound bicords and then to the wound monocords. If I can
rephrase his question: Do you shoot for equal tension in all
plain/wound-bicord/wound-monocord notes, or equal tension on each individual
string? I.e. if a plain tricord has 160 lbs. of tension on each string,
there will be a total of 480 lbs. tension for that note. If you consider
then a wound bicord note, would you design each string of the note to have
160 lbs. for a total of 320 lbs. tension on that note, or would you shoot
for a total of 480 lbs. tension on that wound bicord note where each of the
two strings would have 240 lbs. of tension each?

Jason, whack my across my knuckles if I am out in left field!

Terry Farrell