Bridge/soundboard relations

Arlie Rauch adarpub at midrivers.com
Mon Apr 2 07:04:12 MDT 2007

I'm wondering whether any study or book is available that explains
the relationship of the sound passing through a given bridge with
respect to various locations on the soundboard.  This could simplify
on spot soundboard repairs.

I am working on an ancient Angelus player.  The notes speak well
except in the lower half of the bass--the vibrations obviously are
not being magnified.  Could be some other cause, I suppose, but my
first attention is focused on the soundboard cracks.

Any ideas?

Arlie Rauch