Steinway B Scale Conversion

Fenton Murray fmurray at cruzio.com
Mon Apr 2 23:03:33 MDT 2007

Dale,
You're a mad man.
Fenton
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Erwinspiano at aol.com
  To: pianotech at ptg.org
  Sent: Friday, March 30, 2007 10:05 PM
  Subject: Steinway B Scale Conversion

   My Colleagues
  I've wanted to do this for long time now & finally the deed is done.  I tHad a 1953 Steinway B  (N.Y) with a good original board & all.  I cut the ring bridge loose from the treble a bass & simply cut a venner piece out of the piece I extracted & glued it back down on the board to make things look good & hide the spruce tear out from the origianl 1/2 inch holes  the splintered when drilled thru at the mother ship.
    The transition bridge carries four bichords. The first two unisons have been changed from size 19 to 20 to boost tension &darken the sound.  It is a very wonderful sounding break. The look is a very neat & tidy appearance & the Musical enhancement is IMHO greatly improved.
     My thanks to all bellyheads who have shared the bizzarro ideas over the years. These things work & pan out in real life.  If any one would like to come & play it give a call.
    Dale Erwin

  See what's free at AOL.com.