Mason & Hamlin "directory"

Annie Grieshop annie at allthingspiano.com
Tue Apr 3 17:32:23 MDT 2007

I have a vague memory of seeing an announcement in the Journal some time
back from someone who was collecting location information on old Mason &
Hamlins, particularly those at historic sites.  Does that ring a bell for
anyone else and can you tell me who it was and/or how to contact that
person?  Thanks!

Wrestling with a former player Gulbranson today (the third in a row of three
sad'n'worn pianos), I found a bass bridge repair I've never seen before:
when the bridge cracked badly, a resourceful tuner reseated most of the
lower row closer to the middle of the bridge.  Must've worked for a while...
but now, of course, the entire bridge is pretty much in splinters.  That
piano will make some really nice deep bookshelves one of these days.......

Annie Grieshop
Iowa