Steinway "O" Keyboard

MICHAEL MORVAN keymaestro at verizon.net
Sun Apr 8 07:43:18 MDT 2007

Steve Sandtrom,
    In my opinion the best solution for the capstans is to bore the capstan holes, plug with species correct wood and proper grain orientation, then redrill and reinstall capstans. As far as replacing keyboards, there are very few things that can't be fixed on a keyboard, thus saving them from an untimely retirement. I'm all for replacing a keyboard when it actually needs to be done, one must carefully weigh the pro's and con's of keyboard replacement when making a big decision like that.

Michael A. Morvan
Blackstone Valley Piano
Dedicated To Advancing The Art Of Keyboard Restoration
76 Sutton Street
Uxbridge, Ma. 01569
(508) 278-9762
Keymaestro at verizon.net