PC Pitfall

gmcc gmcc at charter.net
Tue Apr 10 13:46:43 MDT 2007

I've used a laptop, and now a Pocket PC for years.  However everything related to scheduling goes into
my planner book. I am no novice to technology (there's a pc in almost every room of my house) but I find the scheduling details easier with a hard copy, rather than a hard disk.
gary

Here is a tip that may save you $100 some day.

  For 5 years I have been spoil ed by a Pocket PC.
I do put it away from time to time for an Aural
day.
  It died; dead! Even docked in its port...nothing.
I was on route to a new client when I realized it
was gone. There was delayed reaction; first feeling
satisfaction that I would pull out the fork have an
aural tuning. Upon arriving at the street I realized
the address was in outlook on the PC. No address,
no phone, nobody in  the office to reach.

   30 min back home, I called, apologized and
re-booked. $100 spot lost.

    How many carry a hard copy?
    I think from now on I will fill out the top of my
bills in the morning. 90% of my clients are long time
regulars and I only need to check an address a few
times a week. PPC would leave me on a new client call.

   How many others are fully dependant on technology?
How many have redundancy built into their habits
so this does not happen to you?

   This lesson cost me today.