YouTube - Winifred Atwell - Britannia Rag (Giraffe Piano?)

Annie Grieshop annie at allthingspiano.com
Thu Apr 12 09:50:08 MDT 2007

I was particularly impressed with her ability to play drums and bass, as
well.  Or was I just imagining that?

If you check out her biography
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winifred_Atwell), you'll see that she was a
very well-loved pianist in Britain and Australia.  Her hands were insured by
Lloyd's for a quarter-million... but she wasn't allowed to do dishes.  Now
there's good motivation for becoming an accomplished pianist!  (I wonder if
they included that clause in men's policies....)

Annie Grieshop