PTG Blog

Ron Berry ron at berrypiano.com
Thu Apr 12 19:33:28 MDT 2007

This is a good question.

The main difference that happens with a blog over a mailing list is that it is
done primarily by one person and therefore develops its own personality.
People can comment but the blogger picks the topics.

My intitial thought for a webmasters blog is to have an expanded what's new
section. As news, deadlines and other information about the guild or the web
site come along they can be posted here. This Blog is available to everyone
not just members so adding interesting things like the Franz Mohr movie
seems good.

I picture putting a Web Site Help Category so I can explain how to do things
like update your CAUT listing or how to navigate the store. It may be that the
President or Executive director will want to keep in touch this way. I'm sure
the Institute directors would like to have a chance to expound on their ideas
for the convention. By putting them on the blog they won't get blasted to
everyone but will be there for people to pick from the posts.

Part of it is that this is a new twist on technology and we want to see where it
leads us. The posts stay there and will be searchable by date and by the full
text.

I could see some of the interesting writer on pianotech might like to post
reguarly on a specific subject, like ongoing research, progress on a special
rebuilding project, or who know what else. The blog software makes it easy
for people to post on what becomes part of the web site.

Ron

On 12 Apr 2007 at 21:10, Farrell wrote:

> Well good golly John Ross, maybe he's looking for a little more information with his question.
>
> I thought it was a reasonable question. Let's expand - what exactly is a PTG blog, how does one
> use it, and what might it do for me - why might I find it useful/interesting. How does it differ from
> the pianotech list?
> I guess I'm just turning into an old computer-phobic fart - I've never blogged! :-O
>
> Terry Farrell
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "John Ross" <jrpiano at win.eastlink.ca>

Ron Berry Piano Service
Indianapolis, IN 46220