Detuned pianos - was Winifred Atwell

Hechler Family dahechler at charter.net
Thu Apr 12 23:04:00 MDT 2007

Not sure about "de-tuned" but I've been asked by two customers to tune
there pianos in honky-tonk fashion. I forgot all the details but on the
tri-chords, the middle was tuned on pitch, the left one was flattened
and the right one was sharpened. On the bi-chords, the left string was
on pitch and the right string was tuned flat or sharp - alternating by note

If memory serves right, I found the procedure in the archives as tuning
honky-tonk.

Regards

--
Duaine Hechler