Kansas City

Erwinspiano at aol.com Erwinspiano at aol.com
Mon Apr 16 07:44:05 MDT 2007

Jurgen
  Should have come to the MARC this week in Philadelphia.  In fact you can
probably still rent space.  400 ish registrants. Hmm
    Yes they feed you 3 times & all the  exhibitors you could want. I have
given up trying to understand  the  K.C politics & policies. The thinking &
explanations are not far  enough outside the box for me.

Piano  Forte Supply will not be exhibiting at the National Convention in
Kansas  City this year. The exhibit hall was sold out in 19 hrs, about 4
months  before the event, and anyone who came later came too  late.
It is a loss when some one who is providing high level tools to  techs such
as yourself isn't accomadated.  HEy I'm pushing your new  fantabulous hammer
extractor in my Strike line  class at MARC this week so stock up.

Responding to exhibitor complaints that not enough technicians were  making
their way over to the exhibit hall in 2005, the decision was made  to move
the
exhibit closer to the main  convention  activities.
  Don't forget the rebuilders gallery was right outside  the door & it
distracted a lot of folks. Not only that but the event in  Rochester was so spread
out it inhibited many from getting places on  time.
   There is no gallery this year so .....uhh.......  no distraction.....?

However,  the only room
available is 40% smaller than the hall previously  used.  I haven't yet fully
understood how this can contribute to the  biggest and best ever 50th annual
convention.
  Right ..oh I get why didn't I think of that. Now this  just makes a whole
bunch of sense.
  Kansas City shuffle?
Home office told me that 120 booths could have been sold, but the exhibit
hall only has room for about 70 booths. (The size of every booth had to be
reduced by 20% to accommodate even this small number.)  So, at over  $600 per
booth, that amounts to a lost potential revenue of around $30,000  (!) for
the
convention.  I could imagine that with $30,000 a lot of  enticements could
have been afforded to draw technicians across the way into  the the exhibit
hall.  Let me see:  free food? how about caviar  canapes, or perhaps a $1,000
door prize every hour of the exhibit?.... Maybe  a grand piano as a prize?
  MARC feeds you 3 times free snack bar etc.  Tech/instructor friendly
support.
: a  good exhibit hall is
vital for the success of a convention - it draws  technicians to attend.  I
cannot count the number of technicians who  were full of disappointment at
the
Rochester convention, saying to me that  they would not have attended if they
had known there would be only one tool  and parts supplier from whom to
purchase. I know many will be disappointed  with the exhibit hall again this
year.  It is a real pity.
  Hey maybe soon guys just won't come because of the burn  out factor.
  Yes a real pity.
  Yes ..keep your eyes on Burbank. It's going to be  better. You know outside
the box
  Dale

Oh, well, here's hoping for Burbank in 2008.  See you  there!
Jurgen Goering
Piano Forte  Supply
www.pianofortesupply.com