car mileage

J Patrick Draine jpdraine at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 12:04:13 MDT 2007

Inspired by postive comments from various list members (Terry Farrell,
Victor Belanger in my chapter & others) I *finally* switched from my
Subaru Outback to a Toyota Prius in late November 2006. With the back
seats down I can fit most everything I need, with a certain amount of
shuffling around depending on what is on the "to do" list. The tax
credit is fading fast but availability is (finally) very good. There
should be some on your local lots; last year there was a several
months' waiting list.
I'm getting 46 mpg overall but that's driving among impatient
Massachusetts drivers. Mileage is incredible if you can manage to
accelerate serenely.
Patrick Draine