Car mileage

Israel Stein custos3 at comcast.net
Wed Apr 18 08:43:42 MDT 2007

At 08:16 PM 4/16/2007, Joel Jones wrote:
>List,
>
>Gas is climbing to $3.00 so I am inspired to look
>at the cost at the pump.
>
>Anyone use either a Honda Civic, with folding down
>back seat, a Pontiac Aspen hatch back, or a Scion?

I've been driving a Toyota Matrix for about 2 years now (basically a
Corolla small station wagon). Gets about 26 mpg - depending on
proportion of city to freeway driving ( and I don't drive gently...)
It's a lot bigger inside than it looks. I measured all the dimensions
before buying - with the back seat down it holds a piano action and
all my tool cases easily, if I use the floor space between the front
an rear seats. The front passenger seat folds down for additional
space. An added advantage is that when the back seat is down, the
resulting surface is perfectly flat and hard, like a pickup truck -
and it has movable anchors for holding things in place and tying
things down. There are lots of little compartments to stash smaller
items. And the basic model still lists for about $15,500. (I paid
that for a new 2005 model). And it's a Toyota - nothing ever goes wrong.

Israel Stein

Israel Stein