Temperament selection

A440A at aol.com A440A at aol.com
Fri Apr 20 10:48:41 MDT 2007

Dean writes:

<< . My Pocket RCT doesn't display a
Coleman 10 or 11 so I used the Young-Valetti which someone had recommended a
year or so ago .  I am wondering about doing it on a church piano that has
other instruments
tuned to the piano. Will this be a problem?  >>

    It may or may not.  You can only find out by trying.  I usually begin
with a more subtle step, since I had fewer people bothered by the Coleman or
Moore and Co. tunings.
      The Young-Valotti tunings have a pretty wide C# and F# thirds, and may
cause comment.  It is a great tuning for small pianos, though.

Ed Foote RPT
http://www.aol.com.</HTML>