Thumb injury - Has this happened to you?

Michelle Smith michelle at smithpianoservice.com
Fri Apr 20 19:27:35 MDT 2007

Hi all.  I just wanted to send out a quick thanks to everyone for your
e-mails and phone call about my thumb issue.  It's still "asleep" so I guess
I'm in for a lengthy recovery.

To answer some of your questions, I do use a ball end hammer.  I tune
uprights with my left and grands with my right.  (I don't know why.  It just
feels right.)  I have been known to do upright pitch raises with my right
hand to give the left a rest so this is an option for the future.  I'm also
hoping to check out an impact hammer in Kansas City.

Have a great weekend,

Michelle Smith

  _____