SV: Re: SV: iron wound strings

Aras aras6310 at yahoo.se
Sat Apr 21 08:37:46 MDT 2007

Joel,

My mistake.
That is interesting to hear. I did not know that as we only rarely see US made pianos in Europe. I think most of them were brought here by emigrants coming "home".
I have only seen the blend of wound strings in instruments made before WW2.

"Joel A. Jones" <jajones2 at wisc.edu> skrev: Aras,

Maybe I'm showing my age, but I wouldn't
consider the Everett model 11 an 'old'
piano.  They mixed two kinds of wrap.
Still see many of those guys still going
  in schools, chuches, etc.

Joel
Joel Jones, RPT
Madison, WIl