it's a question of style....

Annie Grieshop annie at allthingspiano.com
Mon Apr 23 11:47:52 MDT 2007

Frank Lundak, an RPT with no online access, has asked me to identify the
case design of a 19th-c. Steinway.  He says it's almost identical to the one
shown on page 384 of Pierce's "Atlas", 10th edition.  (Actually, he said
page 354 of the new edition, but I only have the 10th, so I can't verify
that page #).

I can identify the design of specific parts (e.g., cabriole legs with whorl
feet), but I don't know how it's classified as a whole.  And maybe there's a
Steinway design name....  In any case, if someone can tell me, I'll pass the
info on to him.

Thanks!

Annie Grieshop