Kawai Grand

piannaman at aol.com piannaman at aol.com
Thu Apr 26 21:41:07 MDT 2007

Jon,

I service many of these pianos, and most of them are quite nice.  Of course, much of that depends on the maintenance they've had throughout their lives.  But they're really pleasant pianos to work on, more so than many pianos are several increments more expensive.

What I really like about the nicer Kawai grands (GS 30, 40, or 70 for instance) is how they respond to remedial treatment.  You might have one that you think is lost cause--hammers deeply grooved, whiny tone, way out of regulation--you spend several hours on it tuning, regulating, and voicing, and voila:  you have yourself a piano!  They come back well.

IMHO, this company spends a good deal of time thinking about the technician, which is why I like them.

Dave Stahl, RPT

Dave Stahl Piano Service
650-224-3560
dstahlpiano at sbcglobal.net