Baldwin with no casters cant attatch lyre

Michael Spreeman m_spreeman at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 27 14:19:13 MDT 2007

Julia,

You can raise the piano one leg at a time with a "leg repair box" which consists of a strong box with a bottle jack.  The box is pretty easy to make, or one can go a little overboard;   I made one for a friend in Utah who's favorite color is purple (photos attached).  Jansen Piano Accessories sells them already made.

As far as casters, you can probably purchase them from a supply house (can't say for sure without seeing them), or, worse case, you may have to retrofit and modify the leg to accept a newer style.
                Michael C. Spreeman http://www.spreemanpianoinnovations.com

From: KeyKat88 at aol.comDate: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 15:37:23 -0400Subject: Baldwin with no casters cant attatch lyreTo: pianotech at ptg.org

Greetings,

        A customer of mine bought a Baldwin grand out of a guy's garage for a bargain. This piano has no casters (or rather, they cant find them) The movers set the piano up, however they couldnt put the pedal lyre on the thing. How do I go about getting the piano up and getting the casters on? Can I even get a new set of casters for this thing? Any advice will be helpful.

Thanks in advance
Julia Gottshal
PA

See what's free at AOL.com.