Data logger

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 11:33:49 MDT 2007

I agree with Kent. The winter RH in Mississippi gets pretty low
relative to how high it is in the summer. I think if the piano is
around seven feet or larger, go ahead and install the two-tank system.
 On a piano eight feet or larger, I will also add an extra 24"
dehumidifier rod. (I would do this on a C7.)

I've installed two of these two-tankers with undercovers, and the
pitch stability is great. Unisons are usually great, and the overall
pitch shifting is a couple of cents except in the low tenor (provided
the temperature is kept reasonably constant).

There's a two-tank system I installed in a newer Baldwin L that does
not have an undercover. It's in a large church sanctuary, and the lid
is propped on the small prop all the time...despite my advice to the
contrary. Needless to say, the pitch is not nearly as stable, but it's
far better than not having any system.

JF