Data logger

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Apr 27 15:21:13 MDT 2007

If one is not sure whether a DC system is adequately sized, a good way to evaluate is to plug an electric analog clock into the humidistat along with the regular system. On a humidifier, test the system during a period of very low humidity. Someone needs to look at the clock every 12 hours (best). If the clock never looses time, then you know the system is constantly on and never gets the humidity high enough to shut the unit off (on a humidifier) - and hence the system is undersized. If the unit only runs for an hour out of 12 during extreme conditions, your system is more powerful than you need. If it runs 8 or 10 hours or so, you've likely got an ideal system size.

I've done this a number of times and the results are very informative.

Terry Farrell