Shigeru

William R. Monroe pianotech at a440piano.net
Fri Apr 27 21:11:05 MDT 2007

ShigeruLes,

This came up on list a while back, so an archives search might produce something if you find it.  In short, very positive comments.

I've serviced and played on a few Shigeru instruments.  In short, best pianos manufactured today, IMO.  Right from the factory - top notch.  Honestly, playing these things is a dream.  Every one.  When you sit down at a Shigeru, you know it's gonna play like butter.  Tone, Touch, Details, Construction.  I can't say enough positive about these.  IMO they are in a different class than S&S, Yamaha, RX Kawai's, Schimmels, etc.  Very very fine pianos.

If money were no object, and I was asked to choose a piano, just by the make, no hands on, I'd choose Shigeru without hesitation.

Did I mention I like these pianos??

Best,
William R. Monroe

  I have a client who is head of the committee to purchase a piano for their new sanctuary, a very prominent church in Houston.  They are seriously interested in the Shigeru Kawai, 9-foot.    She has asked me what technicians have experienced about the piano...............

  thanks
  les bartlett