Pramberger loose tuning pins

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 12:49:12 MDT 2007

Anyone else out there noticing increasingly loose-ish tuning pins in
5-6 year old Prambergers?

Those that that I service regularly (1 grand, 2 verticals) each have a
mushy feel during tuning. They are still quite tuneable, but don't
feel like they will be so good in just a few more years. These
pinblocks have become this way in the last 1 1/2 years.  Incidentally,
all of them have DC systems, so they've been protected as much as
possible.

I haven't noticed this in older Young Chang pianos, so I'm wondering
if there might have been some problem in assembly? Doesn't seem so
likely, but possible I suppose.

Anyone?

JF