durometer question

Ray ray at ronsen-hammer.com
Mon Apr 30 04:06:01 MDT 2007

Hi Annie,

The Shore A2 durometer is the one used in the industry. It was made to test
the surface hardness of rubber. To test hammers, you will need to build a
jig with a constant drive so that the pressure put on each hammer is the
same, otherwise the readings will be meaningless. It will not tell you
anything about the sound the hammer will produce.

Ray Negron

_

Ray Negron
Ronsen Piano Hammer Co.