Live at the Atelier: Mike Melvoin

David Andersen Pianos david at davidandersenpianos.com
Mon Apr 30 18:25:58 MDT 2007

Live at the Atelier: Mike Melvoin Solo Piano
WATCH MIKE AND DAVID ON FILM at http://www.insidejazz.com/melvoinpromo.wax

I'm going to trust that you know Mike Melvoin,
that you have some idea of the protean
sweep of his career---if not, go to
mikemelvoin.com---
and you don't need to read another long
rundown of what the man's done. He's
special, and one of the finest players and
writers around.

One thing I'll tell you now is the the special
guest we talked about last time can be
revealed: he's what B.B. King, Roger Waters,
Buddy Guy, and Eric Clapton(his current
bandleader) have called the finest young
blues player on the planet---and he's the son-
in-law of Mr. Melvoin. He's Doyle Bramhall II,
and he'll be with us on Sunday to play and
sing.

Mike Melvoin has lived, played and worked,
joyfully and fully, in the heart of show
business, for 50 years. He is a national
treasure. A wildly successful family man, with
a happy and beautiful wife, lovely children
and grandchildren who adore him. A giver to
and server of the community in unpaid
positions for many years;
An artist that has done what few can---
balance
prodigious and continual artistic output with a
happy, healthy family and community life,
living
the Golden Rule.

Ladies and gentlemen, it's my pleasure and
privilege to bring you, in solo concert, (with a
Doyle Bramhall II on guitar and vocal), the
magic, the music, the incredible, raconteurish,
hilarious and touching stories of Mike Melvoin.

WATCH MIKE AND DAVID ON FILM:

http://www.insidejazz.com/melvoinpromo.wax

Please do not let this rare opportunity slip
away. This concert will sell out quickly; please
reserve your seats now. We will both record
and film this historic event, which also
celebrates the artist's 70th birthday.

How happy are we? Very happy indeed.

DATE: Sunday May 6, 2007
TIME: 2:00 PM
LOCATION: The Atelier
RSVP: Jenika 310-457-5604

Coming Up
Live at the Atelier: Mordecai Shehori

Sunday, June 10, 2007  2PM

 A long-time friend and client of mine---a
woman who existed and thrived deep in the
heart of the New York music scene for many
years---exploded with animated delight when
I casually mentioned I was thinking of doing a
concert with Shehori:  "Oh, he'd be PERFECT
for the Atelier...he's an amazing player, very
emotional, and one of the warmest, funniest
people ever...oh, that'll be great....he'll have
us all in the palm of his hand..."

So: I got a bunch of his CDs and listened,
and then I called him up and talked to him.  I
love his playing, and I can't wait to see him
live. I understand completely what Mr. Young
says:

"Mordecai Shehori is a marvelous pianist in
almost every conceivable category.  Indeed,
if elegance had a middle name, it would be
Shehori.  At last here is a pianist who not only
understand the power of gentleness but puts
it to work at every opportunity.  Though it
goes without saying that his technique is
impeccable, something more is afoot when
he plays....he found a way to harness the
storm before the storm."
John Bell Young
American Record Guide

My friends, please join me for what promises
to be a beautiful afternoon, when the force
called Mordecai Shehori is let loose on the
avid music lovers of the Atelier in his Los
Angeles debut....I can't wait. Sparks will fly.
Let's see if the "Left Coast Times" loves him
as much as they do in New York.....

David Andersen Pianos & The Atelier - http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=b6lnk4bab.0.icc7t5bab.xksck5bab.644&ts=S0242&p=http%3A%2F%2Fdavidandersenpianos.com
---

Live at the Atelier: Itzhak Solsky

Sunday, August 5, 2007  2PM

This fiery, mercurial young Israeli, now living
in Florence, swept through LA last year and
established his presence here. Now, with
powerful business backing, an increasingly
packed performing schedule, and a lean,
muscular all-Bach program, this summer's
concert will be recorded and filmed, and
should be a crucial component in Itzhak's
continuing rise to prominenence.

David Andersenpianos & The Atelier - http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=b6lnk4bab.0.icc7t5bab.xksck5bab.644&ts=S0242&p=http%3A%2F%2Fdavidandersenpianos.com
---

COMING SOON:

Starr Parodi,Tamir Hendelman, Mike Garson,
Mario Feninger, JenikaEve, and more....stay in
touch...

Call Jenika
or email us and let us know how many will be
coming and we'll give you all of the details.

We'll see you soon---for a magic afternoon...

David Andersen Pianos

email: david at davidandersenpianos.com
phone: 310-457-5604
web: http://davidandersenpianos.com

Forward email
http://ui.constantcontact.com/sa/fwtf.jsp?m=1101602572631&ea=pianotech%40ptg.org&a=1101636480929

This email was sent to pianotech at ptg.org,
by david at davidandersenpianos.com

Update Profile/Email Address
http://ui.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?p=oo&m=1101602572631&ea=pianotech%40ptg.org&se=644&t=1101636480929&lang=en&reason=F

Instant removal with SafeUnsubscribe(TM)
http://ui.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?p=un&m=1101602572631&ea=pianotech%40ptg.org&se=644&t=1101636480929&lang=en&reason=F

Privacy Policy:
http://ui.constantcontact.com/roving/CCPrivacyPolicy.jsp

Email Marketing by
Constant Contact(R)
www.constantcontact.com

David Andersen Pianos & The Atelier | Ocean View Ave | West Los Angeles | CA | 90066