Leasing used pianos

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Wed Aug 1 14:02:46 MDT 2007

>I agree, it is bred and butter money just like: tuning, light repair,
>cleaning ... and it all adds up in the end.

You guys have better luck than I do. I've rented a few out and the
payments stopped.
It wasn't until the contract period was up that I could grab the
piano without getting
the courts involved.

One M&H upright was for two years, it's been four and the guy won't
return my calls and is
mostly out of state (summer house) but he's in Scotland now.  What do ya do?
Break the door down?

Another rental the piano came back with case damage and the renters
moved out of state.

I hate to be the only one not drawing a rosey picture but there is a
downside to renting.
It's too easy to be left in the lurch.  I have a deal with the
bank... they don't sell pianos
and I don't make loans.
--

Regards,