striking point for new hammers

anthony sosh1 at optusnet.com.au
Wed Aug 1 02:19:22 MDT 2007

hi all,
        l'm about to fit a new set of hammers to an old wilcox and white angelus upright piano which has had the old hammers removed and also new tuning pins and strings installed.

my question is related to the striking point,is there a rule of thumb that is accurate enough for this?
can you use a ratio of the speaking lenght at several positions and draw a line betwen them?

I have a friend with a later but similar angelus which has longer speaking lengths throughout but l could duplicate the ratio l guess...

thanks in advance,Tony