String Installation Question

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr at srvinet.com
Thu Aug 2 19:18:27 MDT 2007

Hi Matthew,
Usually one can usually reach the string of the unison when a single string is missing,

Check my mich  on my site. Its all I use. Tighten on string and carefully remove so you keep the reading.

Also watch for a tied off string and replace with the correct hitch pin V up to the tuning pinS
This will be a repair by someone who did not know how to tie a knot or did not have string for replacement
when a knot could not be tied.

I find even when there are hitch pins available to tie off each string it is best to  U arround both hitch pins and up to the tuning pin. Unless the piano was designed for individual ties.

I hope the bridge area is not behind the keybed. Lotsofun!

You may need to lower the pitch on the bass strings that cover the bridge area so you can get the string in the correct place on the bridge.
Suggest tightening the string on both replacement segments, then loosen to position the string on the bridge.

Joe Goss RPT
Mother Goose Tools
imatunr at srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com